What is a medicinal product? First of all, this is a substance (combination of substances) that has properties and is intended for the treatment or prevention of diseases in humans, or a substance (combination of substances) that can be used to prevent pregnancy, restore, correct or change physiological functions in humans through the implementation of pharmacological, immunological or metabolic action, or for medical diagnosis.
The legislator refers medicines to:
- finished medicinal products – dosed medications in the form and condition in which they are used, which have passed all stages of production (manufacturing);
- active pharmaceutical ingredients – substances that are intended for use in the manufacture of medicinal products and during this use become their active ingredients;
- homeopathic remedies;
- means used to identify pathogens, as well as to combat pathogens or parasites;
- medicinal cosmetics and medicinal food additives;
- “in bulk” products – a medicinal product intended for the production of a finished medicinal product, which has passed all stages of the technological process, except for the stage of filling and / or final packaging and labeling.
There is a clear division of medicines into prescription and over-the-counter medicines that may be dispensed through CVS Weaverville. A prescription drug is dispensed from a pharmacy in Weaverville NC only by prescription, and an over-the-counter drug, respectively, is officially allowed to be dispensed from a pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription. At the same time, the list of drugs allowed for dispensing from a pharmacy without a prescription is approved by the order of the Health Ministry.
Narcotic, psychotropic, potent and poisonous drugs are also allocated.
What are prescription drugs?
Prescription drugs are designed to treat a wide range of acute and chronic conditions. Our research and development focuses on genetics, immune system research and the use of the latest technological advances to treat disease.
Prescription drugs are used for the treatment of respiratory diseases, infectious diseases (antibacterial and antiviral drugs), diseases of the central nervous system, as well as in the field of urology, immunology, HIV-AIDS, dermatology and others.
The strategy of pharmaceutical companies focuses on the development and production of innovative, high-quality and sought-after medications making them available to as many people as possible around the world, regardless of their well-being.
In order to achieve the goals, it is maintained a strong portfolio of promising drugs in various areas, maintain the leadership in HIV treatment and respiratory medicine, and work to develop the presence in specialized areas of medicine such as oncology and diseases of the immune system.
The prescription drug portfolio includes innovative medicines as well as patented medications.
It is explored different approaches to accelerate innovation in the laboratories. Today the scientists work in small units focused on specific areas of research. These groups are focused on finding biological targets and creating molecules or biopharmaceuticals that will eventually become new drugs.